Another one for the Troops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Got this blank from Ron Jones (rej19) He said it's called Lyptus . Thanks Ron ! Gold Ti Slimline . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 143
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Yes, that looks like Lyptus. I turned one last night for the troops.

To the best of my knowledge, It's a Hybrid Eucalyptus wood. It actually has some really nice grain, when stained. Nice pen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Yes, that looks like Lyptus. I turned one last night for the troops.

To the best of my knowledge, It's a Hybrid Eucalyptus wood. It actually has some really nice grain, when stained. Nice pen.
Thanks Mark ! I thought about staining one of these . Maybe the next one . Glad you pitched in for the troops . Thanks .

Mark

FYI: I tried a butterscotch and a light chestnut stain, that I got from work. They both made the grain stand out. I tried a Walnut stain and it was just too dark. The blank started looking solid again. Just my $.02:biggrin:

Next time I'll see what the food coloring does.

I do not have pix, so it didn't happen, but that was my experience with the Lyptus. :wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
FYI: I tried a butterscotch and a light chestnut stain, that I got from work. They both made the grain stand out. I tried a Walnut stain and it was just too dark. The blank started looking solid again. Just my $.02:biggrin:

Next time I'll see what the food coloring does.

I do not have pix, so it didn't happen, but that was my experience with the Lyptus. :wink:
Thanks for the tip Mark ! I'm leaning toward food coloring myself .

That will make a soldier very happy! Great job!
:wink::wink::wink:
Thanks Bree , I certainly hope it does .

Rfturner

I have used food coloring before, you have to do it after you sand unless you are going for certain effects like only partial coloring

Top Bottom