Another Olive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from goldentouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldentouch

This is my first Bethlehem Olive pen. I just start turning pens just before Christmas. Now if I could get the pictures down right. This is the best I have done so far. I think I need more light.

20051423932_Pic019.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Eddie, I love you man, [:D] but between my bad eye sight and you picture taking, I don't even want to tell what I see here. [:D] So I will take your word for it, on how nice it looks, you ussually can't go wrong with olivewood. Nice job. [:)]

Just curiuos, and not to turn the topic into photo shop 101, because there is some good info on that subject in the photo forum.
Does you digital camera have macro? were you holding the camera or on a tripod? Does it have a zoom? Lighting is not the main issue here.
FOCUS is [:D] Just tyring to help you buddy. Keep up the good turning. Anthony

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This appears to be a simple problem to correct. Your digital probably has an autofocus feature. It's usually activated by pressing the shutter button half way until you hear the motor move the lens. To get the pen in proper focus, be sure that the focus indicator in your viewer is in the center of the picture, autofocus, then completely press the shutter button. I bet your pictures improve immediately.

goldentouch

Ok it seems I have a lot to correct first no tripod. I don't know about the focus will have to read the instructions. It was a cheap camera just ordered it over the internet. I will play around with it and see if I can do a better job. I have to work the next 5 days so it will probably be next week before I can post again.

PenWorks

Eddie, that work thing is a real drag, it allways gets in the way of making pens.[:D] That suggestion Lou has is a good place to start. my camera is just like that , as with most. Target, Walmart all have tripods real cheap as well, that will really help to. Good luck, Anthony

goldentouch

I would try to take another picture of it but I sold it today. I do have several more pieces of Olive and hopefully another nice piece will show up. Everyone one I have done is outstanding and something will stand out. I have only done 5 so far. I think I will order some more of this stuff. I have 6 more sold as soon as I get time from work to make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom