Another Mini FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I've been working on this bit by bit for the past couple weeks. I think it came out pretty cool. These are really fun to write with once you post the cap. The blank is one of mine, made of PR. It really wasn't that bad threading. I wasn't sure I'd get the front section done without destroying it! Cool thing is that I was able to get it all out of one 5" blank. I think I should have thought ahead of which part of the blank to make the section out of. I used the last 1.5" for it, but I should have done it out of the middle so it would look more "in place" attached to the body. Still looks good though. The heritance feed/nib accepts the standard small cartridges as well as this mini converter. It measures 3 3/4" closed and exactly 5" posted. Hope yall like it, comments welcome. Thanks for looking!

DSC01013668x700.jpg
DSC01015620x700.jpg
DSC01014677x700.jpg
DSC01018652x700.jpg
DSC01019700x687.jpg
DSC01021700x378.jpg
DSC01022700x599.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crabcreekind

Great blank, I like the shape of the body, but the cap it too square on the end for me, I would have rounded the end over a little but more. But overall the concept is very cool, and the pen looks awesome.

Dustygoose

Concept is great and finished pen with posting threads on the rear is nicely done. Just IMO, I think the profile of the cap is to "square' when compared to the body.

Beautiful

BSea

Hey Jonathon, that's a really cool pen. I'm playing around with a few concepts, and I made the barrel too short on one of them. I think I'll make a shorty too. Where did you get the short converter?

Brooks803

Thanks yall for the kind words! I've got several more of these on my to do list. I'm going to try and work in a #6 nib on the next one.

Great blank, I like the shape of the body, but the cap it too square on the end for me, I would have rounded the end over a little but more. But overall the concept is very cool, and the pen looks awesome.

Thanks James, I kinda agree about the boxy shape. It is a lil tapered on the top, but not much. I had to drill all the way to the end to get everything to fit and the very top is paper thin so I figured if I tried to round it off any more that I'd tear through it.

Concept is great and finished pen with posting threads on the rear is nicely done. Just IMO, I think the profile of the cap is to "square' when compared to the body.

Beautiful

Thanks! I'm having fun makin these lil guys.

Hey Jonathon, that's a really cool pen. I'm playing around with a few concepts, and I made the barrel too short on one of them. I think I'll make a shorty too. Where did you get the short converter?

Thanks Bobo :tongue::biggrin: Go for it! I think you'll be surprised with how nice these feel to write with. If you want a converter give me a call, we'll work something out :wink:

Good lord. I go missing in action for a few months and the blanks and pens made from said blanks really hit a new level. Very nice.

See what happens when you take a break?!?

Top Bottom