Another Metal Braided Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Yes another one in my series of metal braided pens. This one is a red copper weave along with black nylon weaving. It makes for a sharp looking effect which is appreciated more in person but here it is anyway. It was cast in clear poly resin and polished. Thanks for looking and as always any comments or questions are always welcomed.

RedCopperSierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Very nice. Where do you get the braid from???

Lin.

On ebay. Comes from China.

That is a super sharp looking pen!

Awesome work again on all fronts!!:biggrin:

Andrew

ps. i am having the opposite of awesome luck lately...:mad:

Thanks. Are you having pen troubles?? If so post some of your troubles and I am sure things can be worked out or some help is out there. Good luck.

wizard

John, That looks beautiful !! I think I noticed that one with your awesome pen stand. Makes me want to learn how to cast and try different methods of taking pictures. Your work is inspiring. Thanks for showing! Doc

jttheclockman

That pen is just awesome! Is that on a WallStreet II or a III?

It actually is a Sierra Vista. I was not sure when I did this how much room I needed because of the material at the ends. Can you get away with a standard Sierra, I think so. Have not tried it. I do it with the other braiding materials so I do not see why not. May have to try one in the future.

Padre

As always, your pens are unbelievable. Wowowowow.

I saw some of your earlier pens and got inspired, and I tried my hand at casting the mesh, but I could never get it to wrap tightly around the tubes. Tried about 10 times and then gave up. :cool:

Seeing yours makes me want to try again.

What size mesh do you cast with?

jttheclockman

As always, your pens are unbelievable. Wowowowow.

I saw some of your earlier pens and got inspired, and I tried my hand at casting the mesh, but I could never get it to wrap tightly around the tubes. Tried about 10 times and then gave up. :cool:

Seeing yours makes me want to try again.

What size mesh do you cast with?

Chip

The materials I use are expandable braiding so one size fits about all our pen tubes. They are also a sleeving so there is no seams. This particular one is about 1/2"

Top Bottom