Another LSL Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is another LSL (Laminated Strand Lumber) Sierra. The blank was stabilized in magenta dyed Resinol 90c. LSL is engineered lumber used for structural components in high end homes. It is basically strands of pine laminated together to form a very strong beams. I had some left over from a new home I am just about to finish so I decided to make a few pens just for the heck of it! The finish is CA, of course!

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• LSL3.jpg
    LSL3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 654
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That could be a nice gift to the homeowners knowing this was a piece of wood from their home. They can use it to sign that check they owe you:) Nice job and thanks for showing. What we pen turners can't make into a pen.

Gin N' Tonic

I think I see something

Mr. MesquiteMan,

I think I might have spotted a flaw in the pen. I don't want to embarrass you on this forum so I will send you my address in a Private message so that you can send the pen to me for closer examination. Upon receipt of the pen I will give it a thorough inspection and close scrutiny. If I find the aforementioned flaw I will photograph it to show you where it is. I will then package the pen up and send it back to you using the wrong address so that it will be returned undeliverable and I CAN KEEP IT!

That is a very nice looking pen. I'm impressed and jealous.

Druid

Creative... must have been one of those "night owl moments" before sunrise. Looks like a red onion or peeled radish... as someone had mentioned to me earlier today, maybe start a Vegan signature series?
:biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will be offering these blanks as soon as a certain person that posted on this thread send me some stabilising material! I am completely out.

As for keeping it out of the landfill...my niche as a homebuilder is sustainable building. Some have heard of it as green building but green building is simply the latest buzz word for builders to try to make money off of. Sustainable building is so much more! Recycling materials is a part of sustainable bulding so I try to recycle as much as possible.

Thanks for the nice comments on the pen!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Your stock is being worked on, priority #1! Give a guy a break, Miss Princess! It has been really cold here. Yesterday it was 56 degrees for the high! Remember, for use Texans, 56 degrees mean full parkas! I was basically out of prepared skeletons and it aint much fun getting completely soaked while washing cactus in 56 degree weather! I toughed it out, though, with a full set of fishing waders and waterproof jacket and gloves and got a bunch prepared. It is now in the drying stage, ready for casting this weekend. It's a labor of love, I tell ya!

Druid

Cold in Texas??? Had to break out the gloves, jacket and waders??? Where's my violin???? LOL:tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Just bustin you chops buddy LOL

Your stock is being worked on, priority #1! Give a guy a break, Miss Princess! It has been really cold here. Yesterday it was 56 degrees for the high! Remember, for use Texans, 56 degrees mean full parkas! I was basically out of prepared skeletons and it aint much fun getting completely soaked while washing cactus in 56 degree weather! I toughed it out, though, with a full set of fishing waders and waterproof jacket and gloves and got a bunch prepared. It is now in the drying stage, ready for casting this weekend. It's a labor of love, I tell ya!

Top Bottom