Another long segment slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

Well, after seeing the nice job Splinter99 did on his slimline mod the other day, I thought I'd give it a shot because I like the long barrel look.

I wanted to keep the long tapered look going so I didn't include a waist band, the pen works just fine, nice and snug, comfortable, so I don't know that I will add a ring or not.

By the way, exactly what is the purpose of the ring? Is it purely for decorative purposes or does it serve a mechanical purpose as in keeping the two pen halves from rubbing to much? I've really never given it much thought, just slapped them on because they were in the kits!

Comments or suggestions?

George

200782051038_mod-slim.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Nice looking pen. What's the wood? I like the longer lines of this pen and think having the center band on it would make it look like the kids with their britches hanging down! [;)]

I think y'all have inspired me to get crackin' on this style of slimline.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
This style is really growing on me. I've been trying to do a nib-twist slimline but couldn't ever get it drilled all the way through straight enough to work. This pen looks just like what I was after with one small seam. Gorgeous!

Thanks all for showing your modified slims. Lots of ideas now.

GK

Texatdurango

Originally posted by txbatons
<br />Nice looking pen. What's the wood? I like the longer lines of this pen and think having the center band on it would make it look like the kids with their britches hanging down! [;)]

I think y'all have inspired me to get crackin' on this style of slimline.
The wood is red and gold amboyna burl finished in CA. The more I looked at the pen the more I liked it without a centerband so this is the finished pen.

I've been thinking how nice a similar pen would look, closed end, sitting in one of those desktop holders. I guess that'll be my next project. Now I'm sure glad I didn't give all my little slimline kits away![:)]

Scott

On Slimlines the centerband is not an essential part of the pen. It does have visual and sometimes aesthetic functions, but as your pen demonstrates, often it is best left off!

Beautiful pen! Thanks for showing!

Scott.

CaptG

Way to go George, another awesome looking pen. Just how much of that two tone Amboynya burl ya got? Gorgeous stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom