Another Long Click in disguise!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
attachment.php

A Long Clicker in Bolivian Rosewood with Blackwood inserts for the centre band, plated in 10k Gold.

12 coats of thin CA to finish, sanded back with 600 grit very lightly after the 1st 6 coats, as well as after the 12th coat.

Then buffed on my homemade Caswell buffer with Formax Plastic-Glo buffing compound.

Attachments

• 541 006 (Small).jpg
    541 006 (Small).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 377
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I think your on to something here. I'm not fond of the flare at the bottom of the pen but otherwise I really like the looks of these pens.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think your on to something here. I'm not fond of the flare at the bottom of the pen but otherwise I really like the looks of these pens.
Hi Mark; I know what you mean. I'm attempting to make the flare a function feature rather than one of design.

For myself when writing, I find my fingers sliding too close to the nib to be comfortable. This flare acts a finger grip stopping my fingers from sliding any further down the pen.

It remains to be seen how customers will view it. It looks and feels somewhat different in the hand than when looking at a picture of it.

Thanks for your honest comment!:)

JerrySambrook

If you didn't live so far away, I'd say I would stop by during Victoria Day weekend while I am in Kanata, and we can come up with a design.

But alas,

I like the concept, and good workmanship

Silver

I like it, looks very different and has much more style. Like the little flare at the bottom, done a few slimlines like that and gone down a storm here.

Also like the idea of a "Caswell" buffer as that's my surname as well.... you will have to post a picture to see if it's anything like mine. :)

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I like it, looks very different and has much more style. Like the little flare at the bottom, done a few slimlines like that and gone down a storm here.

Also like the idea of a "Caswell" buffer as that's my surname as well.... you will have to post a picture to see if it's anything like mine. :)
Ask and you shall receive! You'll notice the buffs are brand new there. Picture taken at time of installation!
attachment.php

Attachments

• My dedicated buffer (Small).jpg
    My dedicated buffer (Small).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 313

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If you didn't live so far away, I'd say I would stop by during Victoria Day weekend while I am in Kanata, and we can come up with a design.

But alas,

I like the concept, and good workmanship

Hi Jerry; It would be my pleasure to have you drop by for a visit. I do understand the distance.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I like this so much I am going to "TRY" to make one just like it.
Be my guest, steal away! I stole the basic concept from a friend!

A hint: Do not attempt to cut the inserts and then glue them on. Glue a blank about 40 mm long (finial end) to a long piece of what you want the centre band to be from. That can then be cut to width. Glue the next piece and cut to width etc. etc. When you have the centre band attached to the finial end, then you can glue the nib end on and you good to go.

Clear as mud, I'm thinking! I wish I could put it on a tutorial!

Silver

Ask and you shall receive! You'll notice the buffs are brand new there. Picture taken at time of installation!

No nothing like mine :):)

No pictures of it as mine is just on the end of an old lathe motor, and I have to use one buffing wheel at a time..:curse::curse:

Thanks, I will have to have a look at doing that myself..

Last edited:

Lenny

Mack, I like your variation of the long click very much! :)

When I first started making pens I would often add that little flare at the nib. Many people commented when buying them that they did so for the very reason you suggested. I've gotten away from that detail lately. I think it's time to add some back into my inventory! :)

Top Bottom