Another Lever Fill FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I am such a glutton for punishment! Some of you may remember this little number I did a month or so ago: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/custom-lever-fill-fp-prototype-116071/

Well I FINALLY finished the commissioned pen! I kinda shot myself in the foot for not remembering just how much of a PITA cebloplast is :crying:. With all the hours of hand filing the relief and notches it took on the prototype it was nothing compared to this one. Due to the LOW melting point of cebloplast I couldn't go hog wild with my dremel cutting away most of the material. So I had to do even more hand fitting. It was a nightmare. It's done though so I'm extremely happy for that and with this pen.

The parts not cebloplast are black ebonite. The shapes and design are all my customers.

Happy its done, but can't wait to start on the next one! Thanks for looking! :biggrin:

DSC03913 (542x700).jpg DSC03914 (597x700).jpg DSC03917 (565x700).jpg DSC03918 (700x311).jpg DSC03920 (700x338).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I got lucky and found the ones I have on Ebay while searching for other pen parts on a vendors site. He doesn't have any more so now I have to find another source. The only other place I found them wants $50 for each one :eek:

I paid $15 each for the 6 (now 4) I got. I'm hoping to get lucky again and find some more.

Brooks803

Thanks Shawn. I had found those sites. I'm looking into buying from the European source. I just wish he also had the matching pressure bars.

Thanks Justin! I remembered seeing them there but couldn't find my bookmark.

Last edited:

Brooks803

I don't think those will work. The ones for these lever boxes need to have this little tab you push up to lock the bar in place. I don't see that on these bars.

jyreene

So by customer you meant you're sending it to me for free right? I thought we worked out a deal where I get all your ceblo and you get all my ebonite.

That's awesome by the way. Wish I could see that one up close like the last one.

watch_art

Are you sure the replacement J bars wouldn't work? All lever pens don't have locking tabs holding the lever to the bar. Look at Esterbrook and Sheaffer for example. Wahl had a weird box system that was a serious pain to deal with, though. But for what you're doing any J-bar should work just fine.

Brooks803

So by customer you meant you're sending it to me for free right? I thought we worked out a deal where I get all your ceblo and you get all my ebonite.

That's awesome by the way. Wish I could see that one up close like the last one.

Lol...when you get back we'll work on yours together. I'm not sure that deal is quite mutually beneficial:tongue:

Are you sure the replacement J bars wouldn't work? All lever pens don't have locking tabs holding the lever to the bar. Look at Esterbrook and Sheaffer for example. Wahl had a weird box system that was a serious pain to deal with, though. But for what you're doing any J-bar should work just fine.

I don't think it would. At least not without a lot of modifications. Otherwise I dont think there'd be enough travel room to compress the sac.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

jyreene

How about I add that I promise to hulk smash your bowl gouge back into shape!

Lol...when you get back we'll work on yours together. I'm not sure that deal is quite mutually beneficial:tongue:

I don't think it would. At least not without a lot of modifications. Otherwise I dont think there'd be enough travel room to compress the sac.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Bryguy

Lovely pen, as was your first FP. I've been collecting FPs for 40 years now, renovating antiques and just made my first kitless (finished yesterday). The detail on yours is amazing. Beautiful job.
I have purchased repair parts from David Nishimura and he is great to work with. He has the lever boxes.

BSea

I can't believe I've missed this one till now. I guess I'll be phoning in for awhile to figure this one out. Of course Shawn is only a hour away, so I guess I could just invade his shop, and I could call you from there.:rolleyes:

That one is really nice. Great job (as always).

I need to do a little casting, but it may wait for awhile. I think I need a little cebloplast experience.

Brooks803

I can't believe I've missed this one till now. I guess I'll be phoning in for awhile to figure this one out. Of course Shawn is only a hour away, so I guess I could just invade his shop, and I could call you from there.:rolleyes:

That one is really nice. Great job (as always).

I need to do a little casting, but it may wait for awhile. I think I need a little cebloplast experience.

lol...I can't believe you missed it either! I even have the shiny bright :good: by the title! :tongue:

Besides, now it's your turn to give me a call :biggrin: Do be careful if you call from Shawns....I'm betting he and I would end up talking FP's for hours:eek:

Top Bottom