Another Jeff Powell Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

I love turning Jeff's blanks. You never really know what is inside, but you know it is going to be fantastic.

Lunar Chaos blanks (purchased from Penefit) dressed out on Gold Vail Fountain Pen.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Vail - Lunar Chaos.jpg
    Vail - Lunar Chaos.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

Looks awesome Tim. That one has some real cool white circles like smoke rings

Thanks Jeff. I hope I did it justice.

This blank fought me. Seemed like each color was a different density. Kept having catches in random places. Fortunately, I had enough space to turn out the dig.

wood-of-1kind

Sounds like the chisel. I turn with a rotondo. I sometimes get some tear marks in PR with rotondo, but never ever in alumilite.

That's because you should be using the SKOGGER (square inserts) and thereby minimize tears in PR. Sorry for the 'unsolicited' sales pitch.:wink:

That pen is gorgeous and one that I would be very happy to own. Good stuff.:)

THarvey

Sounds like the chisel. I turn with a rotondo. I sometimes get some tear marks in PR with rotondo, but never ever in alumilite.

That's because you should be using the SKOGGER (square inserts) and thereby minimize tears in PR. Sorry for the 'unsolicited' sales pitch.:wink:

I own a Woodchuck. Have not got the hang of using it on plastics. Still using a good sharp skew.

wood-of-1kind

I own a Woodchuck. Have not got the hang of using it on plastics. Still using a good sharp skew.

Try and you will see how well carbide cuts. Make sure that you have the toolrest as close as possible to the blank. Shave 'curls' away like nothing else.

workinforwood

I use the Rotondo because my woodchuck stalls the lathe. I love my woodchuck of course and I do use it, just not on my little jet mini, or I don't have the hang of it perhaps. On my metal lathe, the woodchuck works excellent. I use it a lot working with aluminum off the tool rest, makes nice clean controlled cuts and the corners make a nice detailing tool. No doubt we all have our own techniques that become habitual and determine what works best for us under whatever the situation is.

Top Bottom