Another Jeff Powell Blank!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pioneerpens

Pioneerpens

I love turning these blanks...they are quite challenging, but worth the effort....Hope you like! thanks for any comments and thanks for looking:)

Attachments

• heart1.jpg
    heart1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 216
  • heart2.JPG
    heart2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 312
  • heart3.jpg
    heart3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 208
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pioneerpens

Thanks Bree and Boxerman!
Jeff, your blanks are great and very addicting as well :) Makes it hard to choose just one lol.
I have a dolphin one to do next next....

workinforwood

Thanks Bree and Boxerman!
Jeff, your blanks are great and very addicting as well :) Makes it hard to choose just one lol.
I have a dolphin one to do next next....

Well here is a tip for you then Jennifer. After you find the center to drill it and all that stuff, spin the pen about 90% complete. With a pencil put a little dot on the dolphins for where the eye should be. Chuck a super small drill bit in your drill press and drill a small shallow hole on your pencil mark. Rub some black powder into the hole. Put a couple drops of Thin CA over the black powder and give it a shot of Accelerator. Wait about 5 min. Come back and spin off the excess as well as finish spinning the blank to the bushings, wet sand and polish. Adding an eye to each dolphin is very easy to do and will really enhance the pen. I would incorporate the eyes in the original blank, but the hole would be so small and deep that it would not fill with resin.

Top Bottom