Another Honkin' Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GouletPens

GouletPens

This was my second Majestic, just as big as the first :tongue:

I like this kit, esp. the rock in the clip. This wood is Spalted Afzelia Xylay, with a CA finish. There!! That's 3 pens now! Now no one can say I don't post pictures of my pens!!!!!:eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Attachments

• 1SigAX01.jpg
    1SigAX01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 1SigAX02.jpg
    1SigAX02.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMadore

Gorgeous work, Brian!

I have 5 (full-size) Gentlemen's kits to build and I can tell from looking at your photos and reading your description that I'm gonna need to wear a weight-training belt while hauling them around....

Cheers!

Gary

GouletPens

Gorgeous work, Brian!

I have 5 (full-size) Gentlemen's kits to build and I can tell from looking at your photos and reading your description that I'm gonna need to wear a weight-training belt while hauling them around....

Cheers!

Gary
If you've never made a pen this size, it's certainly a different experience. The wood on the cap is reeeeeeeal thin, so it takes a sharp tools and a light touch!

GaryMadore

If you've never made a pen this size, it's certainly a different experience. The wood on the cap is reeeeeeeal thin, so it takes a sharp tools and a light touch!

Thanks for the tip - and it's a good one: I had assumed that because it's so big that I could afford to be somewhat less than extremely delicate. I stand corrected, and just in time!

I guess this also says something about choice of woods, with pieces of questionable integrity, or edge-joined glue-ups, being ruled out....

Thanks,

Cheers!

Gary

Last edited:
Top Bottom