Another PR Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

I went through the leftover ends of pen blanks and chopped some of them up into small peices. I cast them in pr along with some small pieces of loofa. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out other than the wood should be more tightly packed together.

I used a small electric food chopper/processor thing to try and chop the woood. It worked OK for about 15 seconds and then blew a hole through the side of the chopper. I duct taped it and tried again, this time making a larger hole. I threw it away before my wife could find it. Guess I'll have to go out and buy a new one before she discovers how dumb I actually am.

20071625947_DCP_5216.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jedgerton

Your pen looks great, I'd say it was worth sacrificing a cheap blender! For the PR casting, did you use a pressure pot or is that necessary?

Radman

Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />

I used a small electric food chopper/processor thing to try and chop the woood. It worked OK for about 15 seconds and then blew a hole through the side of the chopper. I duct taped it and tried again, this time making a larger hole. I threw it away before my wife could find it. Guess I'll have to go out and buy a new one before she discovers how dumb I actually am.

I loved reading about how you made the wood chips. Sounds like me and you are from the same mold. Exactly something I'd attempt, with the very same results I'm sure.

I really like the concept and how the pen turned out.

Jerryconn

You're a braver man than I, taking something from my wife's kitchen and breaking is next to the kiss of death. My wife would come down to the shop a take a hammer to my chisels, don't mess with Momma!!
The pen looks great! the proceeds from that one will have to replace the chopper![;)]

mick

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Good thing it wasn't glass. Very interesting pen. I've thought of doing something with wood chips, but couldn't figure out how to get them the right size.
Rob

[:D] What you ain't got a blender? [:D]

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Brave Man to use ' She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed's tools.
Gotta admit though, it looks good[:)]
When you get your own blender, please try some acrylic off cuts and let us know the results ( before I waste some money )[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom