Another First

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Jr. Gent's 10K gold with Caragana. ( Siberian pea-shrub )
Experimenting with a BLO Only finish on a soft wood to get a hard durable Satin finish.
So far seems to be working OK.

Les

e5gwmu.jpg

mrqtx.jpg

f2k7ja.jpg

2a77o6r.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Les,

Long way to go for a Shrub. Seriously you really have given that wood a thorough work out.
I too believe in giving different timbers design workouts including finishes. Your unselfish descriptions with the Shrub prove this.

It seems to deepen the detail in another dimension. I like it.

Kind regards Peter.

G1Pens

Here comes one of my questions of ignorance....

How does a BLO only finish make a soft wood hard? I'm all for it looking natural instead of the CA high gloss, but I do not understand how BLO only accomplishes a "a hard durable Satin finish".

Understand, I'm not saying your wrong. I am new and know very little. I want to understand.

KDM

Lovel, lovely pen. Great photos.

How does a BLO only finish make a soft wood hard? I'm all for it looking natural instead of the CA high gloss, but I do not understand how BLO only accomplishes a "a hard durable Satin finish".

Phew. I'm glad someone else asked that - I thought I must be missing one of those things that everyone just knows.

kludge77

It looks good. Just don't touch it too much. :O BLO won't hold up over the long term.

Why not your signature WOP? Just trying something new? Nothing wrong with that!

rd_ab_penman

Here comes one of my questions of ignorance....

Understand, I'm not saying your wrong. I am new and know very little. I want to understand.

Like my post stated - Experimenting!

Les

Top Bottom