Another Demo...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgray

bgray

You know that your earning your money when you end up polishing the INSIDE of a section....

DSCN0001.jpg
DSCN0005.jpg
DSCN0006.jpg
DSCN0007.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
i think it is pretty slick looking. But then again, i am into the minimilistic, mechanical look. Not to mention it is easy to see what is going on.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Beautifully done!!! It must have taken ages to polish out all the drill marks.
How did you do the polishing?

cnirenberg

By George I think he's got it!!!!!!!! Brian, great job, I love the pen. What did you end up using Lucite or an acrylic? I love the demonstrator types just as nuch as your other styles of pens. The Lucite swirl gave the best of both worlds, but I'm diggin the 100% clear.

Last edited:

bruce119

By George I think he's got it!!!!!!!! Brian, great job, I love the pen. What did you end up using Lucite or an acrylic? I love the demonstrator types just as nuch as your other styles of pens. The Lucite swirl gave the best of both worlds, but I'm diggin the 100% clear.

My same question what did you use. I too am working on a clear tube project. Different concept then yours. But like you I would have to polish the inside. Did you cast your own if so what did you use.

I know you put a lot of work into it great for display and to get attention.

bgray

There is no drilling on the final pass. A drill leaves a horrible surface.

I use a special boring bar that is very long, thin, and rigid.

From there all tools are homemade.

A long and skinny mandrel for mounting sandpaper, and a long skinny mandrel with a custom made tiny buff.

Thanks.

bruce119

There is no drilling on the final pass. A drill leaves a horrible surface.

I use a special boring bar that is very long, thin, and rigid.

From there all tools are homemade.

A long and skinny mandrel for mounting sandpaper, and a long skinny mandrel with a custom made tiny buff.

Thanks.

Cool nice tip but what material are you using. Do you cast your own blank are you using Alumilte, PR or are you buying a type of acrylic.

Thanks
Bruce

bitshird

Brian, silence there are so many that just aren't that moved by the pen, just send it to me, I think it's great, Fantastic craftsmanship and overall awesome pen.

alexkuzn

Brian,
how you hold the boring bar? By hand or in drill chuck in tail stock.
If you put the boring bar in drill chuck how do you adjust diameter of the hole?

Top Bottom