Another Corian one-piece Slim looks a lot like burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

524163_392063760853695_964233817_n.jpg

314869_392063810853690_409774004_n.jpg

I spent some time trying to get the drill press surface lined back up properly so that I feel better about attempting some more complex segmenting. It's almost perfect, I think one more playing card under the clamp should do it. I figured this would be a good way to test it out, and this time it went exceptionally well. I was able to stretch this one out a little more than previous Corian one piece Slims because of the better alignment. This came from the box I got from Corian King, I can't remember what this particular pattern was named. There's a little over-turning at the nib which I have found to be a good thing to allow easier twisting at the nib and pulling it apart to change the refill. I think I'm also due up to clean the MicroMesh pads out a good one. It occurs to me that my finish isn't quite what I want it to be any more, and I haven't done the cleaning in quite a while. Hopefully that helps out. Also, the copper plated kit seemed like the best thing to put on this blank and the colors seem really well balanced.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Allan -- you have the one-piece Slimmie down pat -- looking good.

Have you done any of the One-Piece Cigars yet??? (I know that would be a hard drill on a 1/2 inch corian blank -- like virtually impossible)

Drstrangefart

Allan -- you have the one-piece Slimmie down pat -- looking good.

Have you done any of the One-Piece Cigars yet??? (I know that would be a hard drill on a 1/2 inch corian blank -- like virtually impossible)

No, haven't done a one piece Cigar yet. I guess now I have to do one......

Top Bottom