Another Closed-End, One-Piece Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RetiredJake

RetiredJake

I had to try another one of these to make sure being able to do the first one wasn't a fluke. I made a major mistake on this one and parted off the end too short. The 'v' from the end of the drill bit poked through the end. I filled the hole with some red tinted epoxy. If you look straight at it in good light, it just looks like a slightly darker spot.

After I got it done, it just seemed too plain, so went back and added some turquoise inlay. Put it on a copper kit, but not sure if I like that or the silver better.

C&C welcome,
Jake

Attachments

• IMG_3038_resized.JPG
    IMG_3038_resized.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3039_resized.JPG
    IMG_3039_resized.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_3040_resized.JPG
    IMG_3040_resized.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

If you hadn't said anything, I would have never noticed the darker spot...goes to show, we're our own worst critics:wink:

Actually like the two inlay strips...and the end 'cap'. Like to see what it'd look like with a gunmetal nib though.....

Scott (nope, t'was a fluke) B

BSea

I like to accent my OOOPes. I think an inlay of turquoise in the end would really have tied it together. But you did say the turquoise was an after thought. But really nice job.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Is this a twist SL? I know how to make one piece, closed end "Sierra" - Parker refill. But my SL closed end one piece doesn't retract as I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I think it's really beautiful. The design and accent bands make it look really nice!

Drstrangefart

Is this a twist SL? I know how to make one piece, closed end "Sierra" - Parker refill. But my SL closed end one piece doesn't retract as I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I think it's really beautiful. The design and accent bands make it look really nice!

The entire bottom tube is supposed to float free. Only the top one gets glued in.

Top Bottom