Another Circuit Board Cigar!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Brings Darth Vader to my mind! Black Titanium plating.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 842.JPG
    842.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 315
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

I like it Mack. That plating looks good with the black circuit board. Getting rid of that chunk of black plastic in the middle makes quite a difference as well.

RKB

That is a beauty of a pen. Cigar type pens, I really like them. What extra steps are needed to eliminate the lower parts of the the upper barrel?
Thanks
Rod

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
That is a beauty of a pen. Cigar type pens, I really like them. What extra steps are needed to eliminate the lower parts of the the upper barrel?
Thanks
Rod
The circuit board blank is predrilled. So the lower (nib) portion stays the same length when cutting, of course. Then I cut the clip end to ~55 mm in length.

Charlie_W

That is a sharp looking pen Mack! A fine job for sure!

If I was in your neck of the woods, I would come take it off your hands!

magpens

Great pen again, Mack ! Look out, though !! :biggrin: I bought some of those blanks and I'm gonna make some .... using your method ! Where'd you get the black titanium cigar ?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Great pen again, Mack ! Look out, though !! :biggrin: I bought some of those blanks and I'm gonna make some .... using your method !
Where'd you get the black titanium cigar ?
Beartooth Woods!

Well I've told you where to get the blank, what lengths to cut the tubes, now where to obtain the kit! The only thing I can do got you now is turn and finish it for you!

Last edited:

magpens

Yes, Mack .... you have been very helpful in telling me (us) everything I need to know, and thanks for offering to make the pen for me :biggrin: .... but the turning and finishing is something I have to do myself !!! :):):)

I sooooooo like the cool look of your circuit board pens. I think you are brilliant to come up with the idea of leaving out the center band !! :)

You know, when I started pen making 5 years ago I made a few cigars and they turned out really well. I liked them very much, but they took a lot of care in shaping because the bushings are all different sizes. Now, with the method you have told me about, the shaping becomes easier, and the appearance of the resulting pen is even better.

Thanks for your valued help, Mack. I mean that most sincerely.

jttheclockman

Mack that is another fine looking pen. Your little touch does add a thing or two. I hope they sell better for you than me.:) I have been making these pens since they first were introduced here on the IAP when they were hand made circuit boards. I have sold a few but not as many as I thought I would have. I rank them up there with my bullet pens. Duds. :) My everyday carry pen is a Sierra circuit board pen and it gets to see a lot of action. I have sold a few from this practice of carrying but wish I could sell more. I do have a lot of those blanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom