Another CaptG special!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

lwalden

Kudos to Gary (CaptG) for the fantastic work he does in putting together these blanks. The guy I take my pens to for photography and editing didn't want to give this one back!! I feel guilty with all the compliments I've gotten in the last two days on this pen, knowing Gary did all the hard work, and have made sure to point out that (other than a little extra sweat related to being very careful) the part I did was little different from other pens I've made, and the real artistry here was Gary's. Enjoy the pic's, comments welcome!!

Attachments

• Rolex1.jpg
    Rolex1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Rolex2.jpg
    Rolex2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Rolex3.jpg
    Rolex3.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Rolex4.jpg
    Rolex4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I need to meet your photographer! Love the ghost effect of both the pen and the watch. Of course love the pen.

lwalden

I need to meet your photographer! Love the ghost effect of both the pen and the watch. Of course love the pen.

Roy, next time you're going to be in North Texas let me know and we'll see if we can't swing a meeting!! Greg Clayton, the photography artist, lives about 10 minutes from me and we're going to be getting him over to my place soon to try his hand at penturning as well- he's also done a number of other woodworking related projects, and I'm afraid once he tries pen turning he'll be so hooked he won't have time to still acccomodate me with pen photography!! Especially if it's going to conflict with his more than full-time job, managing the IT division at the bank we work at. Y'all know how it goes, once they've started down the path of the dark side.....

76winger

Wow, spectacular pen and photographs. Kudos to all involved in it's creation.

It also reminds me I need to study up on my photo editing...:eek:

lwalden

Beautiful work Lyle. Photo's are some of the best I've seen on IAP. I'm impressed.

Keith "mrburls"

Keith, that's quite a compliment coming from you and knowing the quality of your photography. I'll pass the compliment along to Greg. And for what it's worth, I just handed off the pen to him- all the editing and composition/layout decisions was something he came up with. I imagine he spent quite a bit more time with these than normal- usually for a capped pen I'd get 2 or 3 photos back, possibly with a background effect such as a faded/shaded rattlesnake if it was a snake pen, something similar when doing one of JohnU's featherblanks (and he cares enough to make sure he's getting a picture of the correct bird when he adds one for effect). It is so nice when you get to work with folks that really care about what they're doing- my largest criteria for considering someone a "professional"!

wizard

Lyle, That is an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING PEN with the most AWESOME AND CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHS that I have seen in a long time. Doc

OKLAHOMAN

Just might make that a special trip.:biggrin:

Roy, next time you're going to be in North Texas let me know and we'll see if we can't swing a meeting!! Greg Clayton, the photography artist, lives about 10 minutes from me and we're going to be getting him over to my place soon to try his hand at penturning as well- he's also done a number of other woodworking related projects, and I'm afraid once he tries pen turning he'll be so hooked he won't have time to still acccomodate me with pen photography!! Especially if it's going to conflict with his more than full-time job, managing the IT division at the bank we work at. Y'all know how it goes, once they've started down the path of the dark side.....

Top Bottom