another cactus, only different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
This is a test piece to see if it was even possible. I think it is possible!

clear PR on both halves. Red paint with black cactus on bottom, and black paint with red cactus on top.

Attachments

• 1_new_cactus.jpg
    1_new_cactus.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 483
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
thank ya thank ya!!

It was very interesting to see how the cactus reacted to the dye.

Smokey7385

Ron, do you get your cactus locally? I am going to be in Chickasha this weekend and would like to pick up some if I can find it laying around.

RAdams

Banned
You will be 20 miles from me!! (And the cactus!!) I have a private patch that i am currently harvesting from, but it grows wild all around me! (2,000 acres) I can't share the private patch because it is in someones front yard, but i would be more than happy to take you out in the field and help get some! It is tricky to find the right stuff in the bush, but you can find it if you look hard enough!

Give me a PM if you wanna come out! You will need THICK gloves, a machete, some boots, and something to carry it on or in. (tarp or burlap sack or something).

mick

Ron, I like the concept......I like the red cactus with black paint! However the black cactus with red paint just doesn't flip my switch.....just my opinion and we all know about opinions :wink:

David Keller

That's pretty cool. My little boy would flip for a 'spiderman' pen.... I agree with Toni about the resemblance.

RAdams

Banned
Thanks everyone!!

I actually like the black cactus with the red paint. It reminded me of "Venom" from the spidey comics. they are fun to do, but you have to reapply a bit of dye after you turn the blank. I think the red cactus would look better with a different color of paint underneath. Maybe White or something. With the black paint, it seems to lose alot of depth. The black cactus on red paint has veins that run under other veins. It looks really cool.

mick

got to admit the black on red does have more definition. maybe it's the shade of red that's not grabbing me. I struggle when casting or painting blanks finding a red shade I really like.

Top Bottom