Another Box Elder Slimline!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

I really like this wood! I've made 3 and all look like they are made of marble.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Thanks Woodchipper!. I don't understand why some people don't like slimlines. I think they are fun to do. I'm gonna try some ball points here soon but I enjoy these slimlines.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done Bobby. Consider some modified slimline designs, your skills are well suited for this and they are fun.

I have several daily carry modified slim designs that I cycle through, and they are hard to keep - they usually walk away in the pocket of any Vet I happen to meet. Fun to make, cost less than $4.00, and feels wonderful to give away.

Thanks for sharing.

Woodchipper

bsshog40, may I suggest a book by Don Ward, Turning Modified Slimline Pens- Beyond the Basics. I got mine through the local Woodcraft store. You might find it on Amazon or another web store.
Edit- $20.

Last edited:

bsshog40

I've heard of the modified slims. I may look more into them. Thanks Mark!
Woodchipper, I've heard of Don Wards book. I may look further as it really had mixed reviews on the book. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Woodchipper

One can go to the gallery and see what others have done. There is really no limit to what you can do with a SL pen. My wife is partial to just a standard pen with Zebra wood- she loves the grain!!! I have to agree with her.:biggrin:
Edit- Looked at WC and there were no reviews. Curious as to what has been said. Sources?
Edit again- After reading the book at least three times, I have to disagree with some of the negatives on Amazon. Have 19 Slimlines to build. Lots of room to take Don's instructions and go from there! BTW, been saving bottle caps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom