another (boring) snake skin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Evening all,
Hope you're not bored with the snake skins. Here is one of the pens from the latest cast. A satin nickle baron. Enjoy and as always, comments welcome.

20061314553_rattlesnake%20baron.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Don,

Not boring at all. It looks good, and I agree that the satin nickle really sets off the snakeskin.

Thanks for the PM help last night. I'll give your ideas a go, and see if I can turn out a decent cartridge pen.

its_virgil

Thanks William...Glad these pens aren't boring yet. When you've had enough I hope someone will tell me and I'll move on to something else. Good luck with the cartridge pen. I'll bet it works out fine.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Don,

Not boring at all. It looks good, and I agree that the satin nickle really sets off the snakeskin.

Thanks for the PM help last night. I'll give your ideas a go, and see if I can turn out a decent cartridge pen.

PenWorks

I am bored with the snake pens, heck I'm bored with my own snake pens [:D]
But they sell gooooooood ! [:p] Nice one. Where are the air bubbles [:D]

Snakeskin pens still sizzle. Love to watch the looks from folks holding them trying to figure what it is. Some hand it back quickly when they hear SNAKE.

its_virgil

They felt the pressure from the outside, the pocket collapsed and they were sacked. I really think the resin is much more clear that the non pressure casts I've made. I think even the tiny tiny air bubbles caused a haze and even those are eleminated.Thanks Anthony. How did Sunday go? Did you report and I missed it?

Thanks also to Jim and PastorBill...IO was gong to use a chorme kit, then I spotted the satin nickle and it was just made for this skin...The skin has the same color in it as the satin nickle.

There was a gent in the cast, but the corks leaked. I'm finding the larger tubes are leaking resin into the tube. I will be solving that problem real soon. With the metal weights and resin inside, it is next to impossible to get it out.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I am bored with the snake pens, heck I'm bored with my own snake pens [:D]
But they sell gooooooood ! [:p] Nice one. Where are the air bubbles [:D]
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom