Another Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ranic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranic

This is a Baron I made a few months ago but just took it apart and refinished tonight. It will be a gift to my brother-in-law for starting a new job. It is Black Titanium and Redwood burl. CA finish followed by TSW. Looks like my best finish yet, almost as nice as Fangar's.:)

20064301335_DSCN0102.jpg

20064301554_DSCN0103.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That is a really great pen. I never would have put the black titanium with the redwood burl but I REALLY like it (Baron FPs are my favorite so that makes it even better)! Thanks for sharing the picture. I've got a new perspective for the next time I go to pair a pen kit with a warm, redish burl blank. Finish look perfect too.

Fangar

That is one excellent looking pen and finish. Really great work there and I love the redwood and black TI. One of my most common combos (Red Mallee, Red Morrel, Redwood, etc. and black TI).

Cheers,

Fangar

Ranic

Thanks for the kind words. I had almost given up on getting a good CA finish because no matter what I did it would turn out cloudy. I had set this aside about a month ago with only the cap finished and cloudy. Yesterday I picked it up to refinish it and noticed it was no longer cloudy. I guess it was caused by moisture that must have migrated out in the past month. Now that the body turned out just as well i'm gonna have do a few more in CA. I'm not a fan of waiting for Lacquer to cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom