another attempt at a closed end.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigNick73

BigNick73

Think this is texas ebony, was unlabeled but had several TE labeled blanks the same size. Not sure on modifying the center band either, I think it looks better but since the front of that piece of plastic was turned off the threads are stiff and don't start as easy. Maybe someone knows how to get the same look with smooth threads that doesn't need a special tap.

cNPM3Lel.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Did you use a JrGent1 as the parts donor? The last bunch of those I picked up have the same issue with the threads....I just chase them with my tap and don't forget the die inside.

The timber looks like it is perfect for closed ended work.

Scott (it's raining....again) B

BigNick73

Did you use a JrGent1 as the parts donor? The last bunch of those I picked up have the same issue with the threads....I just chase them with my tap and don't forget the die inside.

The timber looks like it is perfect for closed ended work.

Scott (it's raining....again) B

No that was a churchill. So a fair amount of plastic was removed. I figure a tap is the way to go just don't want to spend the money on a triple start.

Curly

Your pen looks very good.

If you don't want to buy a multi-start tap and die then buy a single start. If you find yourself doing lots of pens in this style, then buy the multi-start. A 12 x .75mm tap and die from Victor machinery will set you back about $20. Well $25 because that is their minimum order amount but you can add the tap drill and be slightly over the minimum. Tap drill for the multi-start will be the same if you ever go that far.

Top Bottom