Another Antler Bullet Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from phil

phil

These things seem to be pretty popular, we've seen alot of them on here lately. Another of my Christmas orders out of the way. Nothing special, first cartridge pen ive done, im pretty pleased with the way it came out.

I think ive finally found a system for the ca that works for me. 2 coats of thin, sand w/ 320. 2 coats of med, 2 coats of thick, sand w/ 320. then 4 or 5 coats of med. then strait to the mm and hut ultra gloss. oh yeah, and i wear grey socks. (cant find any yellow believe it or not!) Thanks for looking, and as always comments and crit. are more than welcome.

Phil

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Looks like you nailed it. I've turned a good large handful of bullet kits, and oddly pine cone seems to be the most popular material I work with to mate to the cartrige.

phil

Thanks, ive been wanting to try a pine cone, found some big ones at the big craft store up here for pretty cheap. it does sound like it would be a good combo.

Drstrangefart

Thanks! I have someone talking about ordering like 5 or 7 of them for the holidays. I hope the deal goes through. Also gotta figure out where I'm gonna get more cartridges.

its_virgil

What! No rifle clip? How can you make a cartridge pen without a rifle clip?:biggrin:Actually, good for you. I'm not a fan of rifle clips, golf club clips, baseball bat clips or other similar clips...which really makes no difference at all whether I like them or not. I do like your pen and from the looks you did a really nice job with it. The bullet "nib" is the only logical choice for cartridge pens...it sets off the cartridge pens from the others that use the kit "nib". I'll bet there will be more of these in your future. Keep 'em coming.
Do a good turn daily!
don

Last edited:

phil

What! No rifle clip? How can you make a cartridge pen without a rifle clip?

welp, i kinda forgot to order them when i ordered these kits. but i kinda like the clip thats on it. different than what you always see. another reason is i couldnt find a rifle clip that looks like my springfield 1903. im kind of a snob when it comes to my favorite guns. 1903, and 1911 are my favorite numbers. :biggrin: :wink:

Phil

its_virgil

I think I've just admitted to not being a gun person...although I do bird hunt and go on an occasional deer hunt but the guns are just tools and not a (even a mild) passion. Thanks for enlightening me. BTW: a 410 huh? I could dove hunt with one.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

LOL! :D the judge is a concieled carry revolver that can take .410 shells and .45 colt.

Drstrangefart

I think I've just admitted to not being a gun person...although I do bird hunt and go on an occasional deer hunt but the guns are just tools and not a (even a mild) passion. Thanks for enlightening me. BTW: a 410 huh? I could dove hunt with one.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

LOL! :D the judge is a concieled carry revolver that can take .410 shells and .45 colt.

The big boy Judge can handle any .410 shot shell made, practically. Not too sure I'd try it for doves, what with no ability to choke or reliably aim past 10-15 yards with the birdshot rounds. I love the fact that the 000 buckshot 5 pellet rounds have more combined force than a lot of large rifles, let alone handguns.

ctubbs

Thanks Charles, i think ive just about got it figured out. a little tweaking here and there, but its comming along.
Please do not 'tweek' too much! It is working just fine now. I had one worked out then tweeked it and am still trying to get back to where it was.:frown::redface:
Charles

Top Bottom