Another from the anonymous Blank Fairy stash. WOW!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

539643_383947801665291_64158535_n.jpg

396802_383947748331963_1660764586_n.jpg

This was from a box of blanks from a gentleman who asked to have his name kept out of the posts. It's been a while since I got into the stash of these, but a friend was over and I wanted to show off. I used white tubes in lieu of reverse painting, and I was very pleasantly surprised with the results. You can see a lot of the white in there. I spent a good bit of time working on getting it just right, as I was just showing off for company and these blanks are definitely premium stuff. The pen will go to Dad to put on consignment now that I'm satisfied I can still hit a good lick on one of these every now and then. I think this is about where the finest work I can do right now is showing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Very nicely done, Allan! Beautiful pen and I like the blank, too!

I wonder how it would look with black tubes, I'd bet that the same blank with black would look totally different.

I REALLY like this pen.

Drstrangefart

Very nicely done, Allan! Beautiful pen and I like the blank, too!

I wonder how it would look with black tubes, I'd bet that the same blank with black would look totally different.

I REALLY like this pen.

I bet the black would have looked just as good. I asked my witness whether darker or lighter was the way to go on it. We settled for ligter colors. I think I have this blank's fraternal twin, so we may find out soon.

IPD_Mr

Allan - That has to be the best one I have seen from you. The fit and finish look great. Reverse painting it white was good, I would think a dark paint would darken the blank too much. I also have to comment on the shape of the entire pen. This one looks comfortable. A job well done.

Drstrangefart

Allan - That has to be the best one I have seen from you. The fit and finish look great. Reverse painting it white was good, I would think a dark paint would darken the blank too much. I also have to comment on the shape of the entire pen. This one looks comfortable. A job well done.

Thanks! I'm a pretty big fan of the shape myself, it seems to add a little extra oomph to the look when finished.

Top Bottom