Another "Worthless Wood"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from neon007

Status
Not open for further replies.

neon007

I came across this piece of ebony at the wood store awhile back. At the time I was making knives, so I bought it. I stopped doing knives and got into pens and the piece sat in the bin for a few years. That is until i felt like casting. This was some ebony with sap wood. There was a huge chunk missing, so I filled it with ruby red pearl PR. I think it came out great. Hope everyone likes it. Here is a pic of half of the blank before turning.

ecast1.jpg

ecast.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

neon007

Thanks everyone. I think Curtis has a higher success rate than I do. Of the 30 or so I have done, there were two that failed due to shrinking. That is one plus for Alumilite, it does not shrink. Although 18/20 aint to bad.

JimBobTucson

Outstanding... For those who say wood and resin do not mix, need to take a look at this. It is about time I attempt one of these for myself again. My first attempt was, well... Let just say it was a learning experience. Thanks for the inspiration.

btw: The pic was a bit large for my screen (imho). This pen really deserves to be seen all at once without having to scroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom