Anodized Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mapster

Mapster

In the spirit of BradG and with the assistance of mredburn I was able to finish my aluminum pen with a nice teal anodized layer! The pictures are sub-par, but I just snatched a few on my way in from the shop. The pen is gorgeous! Anodizing is awesome!

Attachments

• P10100302.JPG
    P10100302.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 208
  • P10100312.JPG
    P10100312.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 187
  • P10100322.JPG
    P10100322.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We had a great day out in the shop got a lot of small stuff done and one pen. It has a bit more green than is showing in the pictures. Really a great color in person.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bravo Marshall......outstanding, and all that. Wait till Brad sees this one. Mike must have a MUCH better set up than we had on our Lanai.:confused: Very nice clicker.

bluwolf

We had a great day out in the shop got a lot of small stuff done and one pen. It has a bit more green than is showing in the pictures. Really a great color in person.

The pen looks great Marshall. But Mike, I'm glad you said the pen is a little more green than it looks because I thought I had found my color. Do you have one that looks like the blue in the picture?:)

Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I made a dial for my Atlas lathe using the same dye but highly polished and it came out a lot bluer than the pen. The pen was a satin finish so to speak, Marshall dipped it in lye to clean it and give it the matt finish. It came out much carker than the dial did.

BradG

!!!!!! Brilliant. Well done Marshall & Mike. Very pleased to see another anodised pen appear on the site. may have to raise the bar a touch now :wink:

dipping in lye is great for cleaning, though generally only need3ed if the part has had a chance to oxidise naturally. if its fresh off the machine and you want that shiny look, scrub it in washing up liquid with gloves on and go straight into anodising - this pen looks great matt anyway :)

How long did you guys anodise it for and under what voltage/current out of curiosity? Would love to see a pic of your setup Mike

Top Bottom