An anodised purple fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Today I made this fountain pen which I've anodised purple.

This design will be one which will be marketed. Just waiting on the packaging to come back from the factory (about a month). :)

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 263
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
From my eye, looks good Brad! The segments appear even and I like the color. Good luck with it!

Oh... Nice pen!!! :)

SteveG

Congrats that you are moving along on your line of pens, with obvious signs that you have a good design, a great product. I am curious...why the even spacing of the accent lines along the barrel, then an obvious change for the end segment on each barrel? It looks fine, and appears to be a decision that you made. Just wondering. :confused:

I hope you have nice success in your new venture. That would sure help justify all the tools that populate your new shop. :biggrin:

stonepecker

I like the color and the 'looks' of the components of the pen.

Personally, I would like it better as a rollerball.
JMHO

Good job Brad.....best wishes for a successful venture.

BradG

.why the even spacing of the accent lines along the barrel, then an obvious change for the end segment on each barrel? It looks fine, and appears to be a decision that you made. Just wondering.

Because to make them even, you would you have to divide the overall length by the amount of segments. because of the difference in length of the body and lid, this would mean the spacings would be different on each pieces which sticks out more in my eyes. in hindsight I would have put the larger segment on the body on the back side so the difference is on each end, and no doubt will going forward, but hindsight is a wonderful thing :wink:

Personally, I would like it better as a rollerball.

good job the threads are the same and it's just a case of screwing on a rollerball nib then :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice Brad. It looks like just the right length of time in the dye tank. Suits me just fine. The pen is attractive and, should do well. :wink: Switching over to RB is a plus.

Top Bottom