An anniversary, tribute(eagle) and thank you pen all in one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from airrat

airrat

A little history for those that don't know...

A few years ago my wife went to the dentist to have wisdom tooth pulled and found out she had cancer at 35. Some members of the IAP did a little fund raiser for us to help. I don't remember out of which part of it but my brother ended up with a blank donated by Eagle. He asked me to turn it since he was "worried" he would wreck it. So I did for our 3rd anniversary of cancer free. (still a month away)

Here it is. Sorry the pictures are not the best. I really need to figure out photograpy.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2508.jpg
    IMG_2508.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Tom, you did Eagle proud,each year of being cancer free is something to celebrate. I have that same red,white and blue feather(what Eagle called that style) blank that I just got as a gift this week from John Devost (devowoodworking) that I'll make a pen on July 4th, the anniversary of Eagles Passing.

jttheclockman

Wow what a great story all around. Great news about the cancer part and you did the blank proud. That is one that will never be sold. Thanks for showing and sharing. Continued good luck.

airrat

Thanks all, BTW the pen will still belong to Robert (my brother). I think he will allow me to show and display it proudly when I want. :biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

Tom Eagle would have been proud not only by the reason and that you turned the blank, but also at how well you handled your self and family over the last three years. You guys are an inspiration to us all.

wizard

Beautiful blank and you made a awesome pen to keep! May your wife be blessed with a long and happy life with you! Regards, Doc

bitshird

Tom, it doesn't seem like 3 years, but I'm glad to hear that your wife is still Cancer Free, you did a great job on the pen, I'm sure Eagle would be happy with it.

PenMan1

Oh, It's just a f....king pen blank! But somewhere in heaven, someone is smiling, today!

Did you cure the CA finish with cigarette smoke? NOT!!!!!!~

Beautiful work!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom