Anniversary pen and box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgibb42

bgibb42

To celebrate our first wedding anniversary coming up this Sunday, October 18, I decided to make a pen especially for my wife since she once lamented that I've never made a pen just for her. Never mind that she can steal (and has) any of the pens that I've produced.:) Anyway, I wanted to keep it fairly simple, because that is what she likes. I also wanted to turn out something that I thought would be reminiscent of classic fountain pens and in turn, remain a classic looking pen for many years to come. So I chose the coral ebonite from Exotic Blanks, and a Jr. Retro from CSUSA. I then had a pen box engraved from Kallenshaan Woods with the same heart design from our wedding invitations, along with a nice quote inside the box. This was the first time I have turned ebonite and it is an interesting material to work with. Thanks to some searching on this site though, I didn't have any trouble at all. No finish on the pen, just wet sanded and polished. My hat's off to the vendors from this site for their excellent products and great service. Any comments or criticisms are welcomed.

Attachments

• Anniversary Pen Box.jpg
    Anniversary Pen Box.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Anniversary pen and box.jpg
    Anniversary pen and box.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Anniversary Pen.jpg
    Anniversary Pen.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Anniversary Pen 2.jpg
    Anniversary Pen 2.jpg