Ancient Guardian: Second attempt at casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is my second time casting so I thought I would try an idea that I have been toying with since I first read about casting blanks. These are skulls that I got at a party shop, I drilled them and glued them to my tube. I knew that my tube would show, so I polished it then used GUN Blueing to darken it. I used Cristal Clear Alumilite 1 1/4 oz X 2, and 1/16th tsp. of silver powder (just for some sparkle) at 60 psi. It is mounted on a Guardian kit (because of the size of the finished blank) it has been MM'd to 12,000 and two coats of plastic polish. I played with diffrent lighting for effects. As always any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• Ancient Guardian.jpg
    Ancient Guardian.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Ancient Guardian1.jpg
    Ancient Guardian1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 221
  • Ancient Guardian 2.jpg
    Ancient Guardian 2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Ancient Guardian 3.jpg
    Ancient Guardian 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sefali

I really like that blank. Are the skulls small enough to turn the guardian bushing to bushing?

maxman400

No they are a little big for that, I turned it down until I touched the top skull in the back then tapered in from there. I put the clip over the touched spot. I am still looking for smaller skulls.
I really like that blank. Are the skulls small enough to turn the guardian bushing to bushing?

Jim Smith

Kinda morbid, but very cool idea. I'm sure that it would be a hit with a lot of younger folks. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Smith

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thats cool. Not my taste, but I appreciate your creativity and execution (if I can use that term here.)

I know a bunch of kids that would really fight over that pen!

Can you use a bit of an orange color when you cast - and still see the skulls?

maxman400

I am sure I could, I am just learning how to cast. In my first one I used 40 drops of red when 1 or 2 would have worked. I used some silver powder to kinda hide the tubes.

Top Bottom