Ancient Amber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ancient Amber on a Hybrid Cambridge FP. Painted inside the blanks with gold. I think I could have done better. Maybe, paint with Taupe. Wet sand 400 and, 600 then, Novus II, Plast-X and, Swirl-X Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0824.JPG
    IMG_0824.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 292
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

While MAYBE you could have done a better job with the paint, I kinda doubt it. That pen sets the amber off beautifully without dominating the material. I am very happy to see that one, as I've always liked ancient amber. Something else for me to add to the wish list.

IPD_Mr

Chuck, it looks good. I was wondering how gold was going to look. I am seriously thinking about painting the blanks gold and then after that dries paint it again with black. I need to learn to let my paint dry fully before gluing the tubes in. I seem to get a little antsy and it causes me some headaches down the road.
I have tried white on the butter toffee and did not like the results. It would be nice to have a list of colors that look best and how they interact with the blank.

It really is nice to see you turning again.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, it looks good. I was wondering how gold was going to look. I am seriously thinking about painting the blanks gold and then after that dries paint it again with black. I need to learn to let my paint dry fully before gluing the tubes in. I seem to get a little antsy and it causes me some headaches down the road.
I have tried white on the butter toffee and did not like the results. It would be nice to have a list of colors that look best and how they interact with the blank.

It really is nice to see you turning again.
Thanks Mike, I think that would work out better, if the gold were backed up with black. I used what I had in a spray can, with three coats. Each coat seemed to desolve the one before so, I gave up and, glued the tubes in. I really like these Lucite blanks. And, yes, it's good to be turning again:biggrin: I have several pens to be made. Soon as I get some other duties out of the way:mad:

Nice Looking pen Chuck, stop doubting yourself, you do great work.
Thank you Neil. You know I value your opinion. BTW, welcome back

Thanks to my friends for the comments.

RMckin5324

I've done two of the Ancient amber blanks, the first one I did I painted it gold and felt the effect was very lite, much too lite looking for my taste. The second one I did in dark brown and it amazing, its the nicest pen I've done. Of course there's one spot where the paint came off that bums me out but its so nice I don't really care.

Top Bottom