"Amphitheatrum"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :biggrin:

I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. Our trip to AZ was fantastic, the kids and I had an absolute blast!!!

All of that having been said, as much as I did not want to return home, I was certainly anxious to get back on the lathe. So, here is pen #1 for 2009. This is American Holly and Black Veneer on an Rhodium Cigar kit that I picked up at the Rockler store in AZ.

All comments and criticisms are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for lookin'.

Attachments

• Amphitheatrum.jpg
    Amphitheatrum.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

And a very Happy New Year to you Steve! Great start to the New Year, that's a beautiful design. Your craftsmanship really shows in the accuracy of the cuts. Great job.

I must say though that you've been slacking a bit. The year is nearly 72 hours old and you've only made one pen :eek: :biggrin:

akbar24601

HaHa smartguy!!! Being that I arrived at my door at 8:30 last night I think I might be doing OK. Don't make me step it up!!! :) LOL

OKLAHOMAN

Criticisms???????:eek:. Criticisms???????:eek: Surely you jest. Maybe that blank on a higher end kit but Steve you've done the wood proud and it looks great sooooooooooooooo a Cigar it is. :biggrin:

akbar24601

Thank you everyone! Roy, I do agree, a higher end kit would have done her proud. Don't worry Gary, everything is on the level :) LOL

chriselle

Steve. You kill me, man. Other than saying the obvious that this is another beautiful work of art...may I request (for us non-segmenters) a few pics of your procedure?

alphageek

Former Moderator
Holy Cow Steve... Thats impressive. I love the lines and how they tie together well.

Criticism? Not gonna be easy. You keep going like this, you're going to be a legend. I hope you start thinking about the PMG - I think you will belong there!

W3DRM

With that being #1 for 2009, I can't even imagine what you are going to do for #1 of 2010!

Great looking pen. I've never done any segmenting but this just takes my breath away trying to figure out how you did it. Any hints would be greatly appreciated for us novices...

broitblat

Wow! I really like the delicate lines and the intricate pattern. It adds a lot of character without making it too busy. Outstanding work.

-Barry

Top Bottom