Amhurst Imperial and Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

:biggrin:placed an order with JohnU late last week and today received my order. He's changed his way of pouring (for the better and there was nothing wrong before) if you've ever gotten any of Gary's (Captg) carbon fiber they are just like them encased in a round plastic sleeve. These were simply out of this world, see if you all agree. All comments good,bad or indfferent welcome...well if your indifferent you won't be posting:rolleyes: :wink:
IMG_2008.jpg

Lyle wanted a Capped photo;

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Awesome Roy, just awesome. John and I got together and I helped him with my way of casting with the one time use molds and he developed a system for keeping the blanks straighter in the molds that he shared with me. It was a win/win deal. Gotta love this place.

OKLAHOMAN

For Lyle Walden pictures capped

If you notice John also spaced the feathers an equal distance around the Cap and bottom so when capped all orange feathers line up, just one more small thing he did.....
IMG_2005.jpg

mick

Roy' those are truely AWESOME! If I'd made them they would be very hard to part with. Quick question. Is it the photo or is the Imperial ALL shiney? I thought they all had the two tone finish.

OKLAHOMAN

Roy' those are truely AWESOME! If I'd made them they would be very hard to part with. Quick question. Is it the photo or is the Imperial ALL shiney? I thought they all had the two tone finish.

Seems that the last shipment was not two tone but all Rhodium...To bad they are being discounted as I like them much better all Rhodium.

JohnU

Beautiful Pens Roy! I hope they are sellers for you. Im going to have to make one for myself. Everytime someone asks me about a feather pen I have to get online and show them the pictures here. lol

bruce119

Wow Roy those are really nice. If you still got that one you you come down for that Cuban you got to bring it. You know I got about 5 lbs of feathers from my fishing rod building days. Mostly different pheasants, heckle, jungle **** and a lot of parrot feathers. I do some just for myself no fears John you got that class locked up.

Great Job

workinforwood

Wow...looks awesome and great photo's Roy! I can't take any credit for pouring or developing that style of pouring, but you can thank me for planting the seed in Johns head to seek out Gary's knowledge! Having witnessed it in person, it is a brilliant method of production pouring in a very tight space.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!! they certainly stand out, that's for sure!! Very well done both of you.

What kind of feathers are they ( I need to make a note:wink:)

PenMan1

Roy, this may be my favorite of all your recent pens. The bakelite was really nice, but I think this one wins the pretty contest, by a nose. Nicely done, Sir!

Top Bottom