Amherst Emperor BEAUTY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Just finished an Amherst Emperor fountain pen today and had to show it off. JohnU does such a wonderful job making these blanks. I feel most of the credit should go to him, I just turned this beauty.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I agree, I love John's feather blanks. You made a great looking pen, I think you did really well. I am going to say that on a Jr Emp I find the hardware dominates, perhaps the feather details and the hardware make it to busy, just my thoughts, I have been using simple hardware on mine to let the feathers be the dominant feature.... just my thoughts, I still like your pen

phillywood

Keith, Well you must be feeling better then,buddy those pheasant pens and this one are stunning man. I Think the one I showed you form John is this one remember I couldn't remember which one it was. That's some awesome looking pen.

phillywood

Ok, to those guys that have not gotten John's blanks, they look nice even in the unturned blank stage yet alone when you finish them. Guess what I'll be lucky and hold these beauties that Keith made, before he sells them. His pens Look really good in person.

mrburls

I agree, I love John's feather blanks. You made a great looking pen, I think you did really well. I am going to say that on a Jr Emp I find the hardware dominates, perhaps the feather details and the hardware make it to busy, just my thoughts, I have been using simple hardware on mine to let the feathers be the dominant feature.... just my thoughts, I still like your pen

Jim, It is a full size Emperor which shows off the colorful feathers pretty nicely. I do agree the Jr. Emperor would have been to small and busy. Usually I like to use the Jr. Gents with the feathers also.

Keith "mrburls"

JohnU

That looks great Keith! I think that kit really adds to the rich look of the entire pen. It's so beautiful that if I seen it in person I would be afraid to touch it. Nice work!

Top Bottom