Americana in Exotic Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

Americana Rollerball from CUSA using one of ExoticBlanks freebies; beautiful acrylic blank in dark blue meshed with black shades. I wish I knew the name of the blank but I really like the mix of the blue and black.

Nice looking kit with the Rhodium finish. Needing only 1 bit (10mm) to drill both blanks makes it nice. I just hope the plastic closing cap will endure the pulling and tugging. For those who have not turned one of these kits, the closing cap is a cone-shaped plastic piece which attaches/threads into clip bushing on one end and can be adjusted to allow either the nib-half (closed position) or the end cap (open position) of the pen to snap in place. No twisting or threading of the pen cap is needed on this one.

Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• DSC_0416_S.jpg
    DSC_0416_S.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0415_S.jpg
    DSC_0415_S.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0395_S.jpg
    DSC_0395_S.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Gorgeous pen!! The blank and pen match beautifully. I love that "mysterious" shade of blue. I believe that is Madreperlato Blue but PM Dawn or Ed and ask.
Regards, Doc

Snnej

Beautiful pen!! I love the blue!! Be aware, that this kit does have some issues when it comes to repeated use of the snap cap. I just experienced some failures on a bunch of pens I did for a customer.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gorgeous pen!! The blank and pen match beautifully. I love that "mysterious" shade of blue. I believe that is Madreperlato Blue but PM Dawn or Ed and ask.
Regards, Doc

That was my quess too... http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

I'm not 100% sure, but my gut says thats the one.

Sorry, I did not see this until now (we travelled for resin all day yesterday).

You are both CORRECT!!!!

That is the Royal Blue Madreperlato. One of the three "heavy hitters" in this line (the other two are Red and Wedding White). It's made in Italy and a BEAUTIFUL product.

If you have colors you would LIKE to see, I will be placing a large order for this, after Jan 1.

Thanks for showing the Madreperlato!!! We are trying to get all "freebees" labeled in the future:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

propencity

I'm glad to hear that the blank is one of the Madreperlato blanks cause I ordered more from ExoticBlanks with the different colors. Can't wait to turn the red one. I also like this kit because it's not as thick as most of the 2 barrel pens that I see. And not too thin/narrow like the slimlines. The straight barrel design is a bit more of a challenge (keeping it uniformly straight up/down and no taper on at the ends) for me to turn but I think it lends itself to a more classic design.

Hopefully the closing cap will hold up. It would be too bad if it does not because this kit gives a different feature than the typical threading or twisting mechanism. I guess we now have the Vertex and the Zen for magnetic caps to add to the mix.

Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback.

Merry Christmas,
Mark

Top Bottom