American Patriot with decking from the USS NC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wahoward79@gmail.com

This is probably my favorite pen I have made. I have made a couple of these, it this one was made for to a Staff Sergeant in the Army after he returned from his third deployment to the Middle East. He loved it!

ffbc003f2d6a7df8b38564e7f0be6672.jpg
43949f86783386e9abc1ef512234dc04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

An Absolutely Magnificent Pen, William.
Glorious Historic Decking from a Distinguished USS Naval Vessel.
Adorning the Appropriate American Patriot Hardware.
Superbly Fitted and Finished,
One can well Understand the Joy of the Recipient.
Beautiful Gesture.
Congratulations,
Brian.

lhowell

How did you score the decking wood? Interesting and great looking pen.

Periodically the USS North Carolina online store will have blocks of decking for sale as commemorative plaques. It has a brass plate attached to it but it is very easy to pull off. I've bought two of these planks so far. "The Immortal Showboat" underwent a redecking back in the 90's so they sell the old planking. they are roughly 6" long pieces and usually about 4" wide so you can get a few blanks out of one piece.

Own a Piece of the Battleship Limited Supply

Love my Homestate Namesake Battleship! She is magnificent to tour if you are ever down east in NC!

keithncsu

I bought some of the USS NC wood back in October from a guy on facebook named Matthew Dean of Woodies Woodshop out in Wilmington. His dad was part of the re-decking project. I bought 2 blanks that came with COAs and I also paired them with the American Patriot kit. Matthew posted in one of the groups I'm in.

Top Bottom