American Flag Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cschimmel

cschimmel

Finished this guy up today. I had started it a few days ago but when I was buffing the cap portion I looked a way for a second to long and when thru the finish. So I remade it and looking at them both the second looks better in my opinion so I guess it was meant to be. Thanks for looking any comments welcome.

Attachments

• stamp flag baron gold.jpg
    stamp flag baron gold.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 377
  • stamp flag baron gold 2.jpg
    stamp flag baron gold 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 223
  • stamp flag baron gold 3.jpg
    stamp flag baron gold 3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 242
  • stamp flag baron gold 4.jpg
    stamp flag baron gold 4.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Beautiful work! I like it a lot. You may want to buff the tubes before you assemble them. The plating is pretty thin and can be buffed through pretty easily even without looking away briefly.

masl

l am now going to make myself sound a bit dumb .Am l right in thinking you can turn down a peace off wood to just below the bushes of the pen the stick on the stamps and after that coat with ca glue after which micro mesh to a finish

cschimmel

Yes that is how I do it, turn down the wood, glue on the stamps and put a Thick CA finish on it. Seems to work well but it is tricky getting the fit just right because of the thickness of the stamps, sealer and ca.

patsikes

Thanks Cschimmel,

I have been wanting to try something like that but was not sure if I should try your method or the casting method. The PSI catalog has been pushing this method for the last few issues, even selling the stamps to do it....

Thanks for sharing and again...great pen!

Canedriver

l am now going to make myself sound a bit dumb .Am l right in thinking you can turn down a peace off wood to just below the bushes of the pen the stick on the stamps and after that coat with ca glue after which micro mesh to a finish

From what I understand yes. Heres a video for making them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1WoQtwVVE

With such a variety of stamps in the world it's fairly easy to customize pen to a person. It's on my to do list.

masl

Yes that is how I do it, turn down the wood, glue on the stamps and put a Thick CA finish on it. Seems to work well but it is tricky getting the fit just right because of the thickness of the stamps, sealer and ca.
what kind of sealer do you after use

Top Bottom