American Chestnut Burl 22K Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Here is an American Chestnut burl Emperor. This wood gave me hard time finishing...finally got it done tonight.

The first pen I made on my new Jet mini VS :D...man I love this little lathe. Now I regret letting it sit unused for 2 months! [:0] It is super smooth and quiet too!!!

20067254497_060703ax.jpg

200672544942_060703x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

LOL...you are right Gerry as always but this one is running (finally) and my wife cannot even tell that it is on! We are really impressed!

johncrane

G'day Dario mate your pen is just to bl---y shiney and looks false. just kidding mate well done looks superb. good effort in all that heat. I just finished a jr gents in redgum burl similar grain to yours just a bit darker.

Dario

Thanks for the comment guys!!!

Angela, I won't go that far [;)]. This is just a simple and straight CA finish. Fangar's finish is still a goal for me and might stay that way for years to come. In case you missed it, his finish has been and always will inspire me [^].

The favorite phrase here at home whenever I get a good finish is that I got a "Fangar finish" LOL.

bca1313

Dario...nice pen. Good to see you got your mini lathe out. The VS is a great feature and the small size makes it really easy to use. The finish on the pen looks great.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom