Ambrosia Maple Havana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

This is an Ambrosia Maple in Platinum Series Havana Ballpoint. Took a long time to turn. Kept blowing out the large blank when I was turning the tenon. :(. The retracting mechanism doesn't seem to retract very well. I need to work at it to find out why, there may be catching somewhere in the lower barrel. I am very happy with the wood. Bought a 6x6x2 blank at my local Woodcraft. The beautiful cross grain is consistant throughout! Cost $6.99. That is one reason I am so happy. :D Kirk [8D]

mbrosia%20maple%20platinum%20havana%20ballpoint001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

There is a file on yahoo group about removing the Transmission in case you need to go that far. I have had them get finicky for a number of reasons and it never seems to be the same one twice. This is far to nice of a pen to let the transmission get in the way though. I would incourage you to do whatever it takes to make it work smoothly. sound like you've had a battle thus far anyway.

darbytee

Daniel, I tried to search for that file on Yahoo with no luck. Any chance you could put a link up for it if you know right where it is? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Excuse my rudeness Kirk. Beautiful pen. BTW, I should be in Oklahoma around Thanksgiving. You'll have to give me the lowdown on the best local places to get wood and supplies.

Daniel

Dang if I can't find it now. they have re-arranged the files area over there again.
here is the idea but without the pics youwill have to read really careful.
the idea is to drill a hole in a scrap piece of wood that is just slighly smaller than the transmission. then cut the scrap in half through this hole. what you are making is a custom vice jaw that will hold the transmission securely without crushing it. slip a nylon washer over the transmission so that it is up against the pen barrel or center band. the hole in the washer needs to be big enough for the transmission to slip through but not the rest of the pen. you can make your own of needed just make it out of strong plastic or other material that will not mar the pen. now grip the transmission withthe plocks you made in a vice withthe pen sticking up. use a screwdriver to pry between the block and the plastic washer forcing the pen off the transmission. the transmission will most likely be wrecked but hey it's broken anyway. you can with care get a transmission out without harming it this way as well.
If I come across the instructions again I will put them in our tips and tricks area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom