Amboyna Screw Cap Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from les-smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

les-smith

Well what do you all think? I enjoy these pens. I built on for myself so I could start learning the ins and outs of using a fountain pen.

Image Insert:
200711334642_223.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Wonderful pen! So....You now use a fountain pen? Let me know what you think about it. I have been considering it for some time but just haven't made the jump yet.

les-smith

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />So....You now use a fountain pen? Let me know what you think about it.

Well I've been using one for about 3 months now. Here's what I've learned as a rookie so far:

1)Ink makes a huge difference. My two favorites are Private Reserve and Noodlers brand.

2)Youv'e got to find the nib you like Fine was to small, Broad is to big. Still using the broad next order I'll get a medium.

3)I haven't noticed a difference between using cartridge ink and converter ink, except by using a converter the bottled ink will be cheaper in the long run.

4)Expect to get ink on your fingers.

5)I've got a lot to learn.

If you have been wanting to use a fountain pen, as pen turners there is know reason not to give it a try. I'm really enjoying the learning expierence. And, if I'm going to sell them I've got to know how to use them.

les-smith

I didn't get it from Woodcraft, but it's the same one they sell. I bought it from Hogan's Hardwoods here in OKC when they were having a 50% off sale. I bought the bushings for it from Woodcraft. Arizona Silhouette sells them and that's were I've bought my last few. BB sells bushings for this pen that are for the B mandrel. That's the way to go. Woodcrafts bushings are for the A mandrel, that's what I have. I like the B mandrel better. This is a Berea kit.

Ron Mc

Thank-You for your reply. I have several customers in town that I visit that have purchased my fountain pens and they were shocked when I told them that Imake them but don't use them. I tried one of theirs and it seemed to be very "smooth" compared to a roller ball.
Do you find this to be the case?

johncrane

Les you done a very nice job l really like it.as for using a f/pen l have not tried one yet' as a pen maker we should know or product. Now that you have brought this to my attention! l will be making a f/pen for my birthday in July that should give me a good excuse or reason to try one. l have some great kit from a recent group buy now you got me really thinking.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom