Amboyna Rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BeSquare

BeSquare

My first pens made with Amboyna and I have to say I am in love! One is a 22k gold Zen, the other is a gold titanium full size Gentleman. The Amboyna was a joy to turn and looks just great, I can't wait to get more of it.

I made both of these as a commission for the owner of my company at work. Delivering them today. Both were finished as raw wood brought to as high of a polish as I could. My customer wanted to be able to feel the wood.

C & C welcome, hope everyone enjoys them!

- Rich

Attachments

• image-3167081166.jpg
    image-3167081166.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 211
  • image-3095433408.jpg
    image-3095433408.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 174
  • image-2907089407.jpg
    image-2907089407.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 215
  • image-3014268185.jpg
    image-3014268185.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

What?? No comments on the great smell when turning amboyna?? :confused:

I've thought about buying some Narra just so I could get the great smell without the expense.:rolleyes:

But those are really nice pens.

If you want to have a natural finish that's protected as well, look at this method described by mikespenturningz. Depending on the amount of shine you want, you can use lower grits of MM, or no mm, just use the pens plus product after sanding.

Oh BTW, great pens. I really like the zen.:good:

BeSquare

What?? No comments on the great smell when turning amboyna?? :confused:

I've thought about buying some Narra just so I could get the great smell without the expense.:rolleyes:

But those are really nice pens.

If you want to have a natural finish that's protected as well, look at this method described by mikespenturningz. Depending on the amount of shine you want, you can use lower grits of MM, or no mm, just use the pens plus product after sanding.

Oh BTW, great pens. I really like the zen.:good:

The smell was amazing. I use a product very similar to that link to protect the wood. Had an oil base a lot like that. Once it cures it does a great job of it

Thanks for the comment :)

Marc

I don't know why it is, but the amboyna burl is my favorite wood. Then when you add some sapwood into the mix to get that two tone burl, well, the result are just the best.

Well done, great pens. Are you sure you want them gone? I have a tendancy to hold onto amboyna.

Top Bottom