Amboyna Jr. Gent.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

This is the first Jr Gent I've done, I kind of like it, the kit is a gold TI. with a custom button on the cap, The Amboyna came from Nolan, No apologies for this one.
Comments welcome

Jr-Gent-Amboyna-TI-1.jpg

Jr-Gent-Amboyna-TI-2.jpg

Jr-Gent-Amboyna-TI-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drayman

wow ken, thats a stunner for sure. i love it well done. i suppose you will do more of em now?

bitshird

custom buttons/caps

ken, that looks fantastic!! the custom button....does the original insert come out easily? if you don't mind...tell me more on how you did that

The stock top comes out pretty easy, you drill a hole in a block of hard wood or delrin around .450 the stock button measures .425 so you need a hole just a bit bigger, a 1/2 in is just a bit to big. put the cap into the hole just a bit then hit the stub of the button with a 1/8 rod it takes a couple good whacks but it will come out, then I use the equivalent of an er32 Collet with what ever I'm making the button out of glued to a piece of 1/2 in dowel turn and finish then patr it off but leave a stub on the bottom of the button to locate back in the top of the cap, I rough up the cap an CA the new button in, There used to be a tutorial on the old site, I really don't remember what it was called, maybe look under custom caps??

VisExp

Great job Ken. The custom finial really makes that pen stand out in a crowd. Of course that great piece of amboyna sure helps as well. The amboyna looks a little more red than most I've seen.

talbot

Great pen, lovely blank and a quality finish. The finial just sets it apart, another happy cutomer with this one I think.
regards, Bill

Top Bottom