Amboyna - Ebony Roller Ball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

Still new to this … A repair job after going brain dead and trying to finish of the Amboyna with a dull skew! Chipped off a chunk and used a small piece of Ebony left over from another project. Any suggestions / comments would help the next effort …

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Not much else you can do when you blow it up... happens to everybody at some point. If you had another amboyna blank, you could have turned the upper blank off the tube and tried another piece... Sometimes with burls you can get away with a different blank.

You could also use something to create a little stripe/detail between the two pieces(veneer, beer can, wife's credit card, etc).

It looks pretty good as is.

jskeen

I think that only on this particular kit could you sub in a black oops band on the top and say "yes, I planned it that way to coordinate with the black posting section".

Good save!

socdad

You could also use something to create a little stripe/detail between the two pieces(veneer, beer can, wife's credit card, etc).

Now that's a thought ... Naa, she's probable better with e'm than I am when shopping on line (at pen supply shops!)
:)

Top Bottom