Amboyna & Ebony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Been sorting out a bunch of stuff in the shop and came across a box of burl/various wood cutoffs I bought from Nolan a while back. Here's the result. The peice of amboyna was just large enough to make this work, but wasn't long enough by itself so....I picked out the ebony which is from a larger peice that isn't really usable except for a small area. Not bad for scrap wood huh? Took a few tries to get a peice of amboyna that thin without snapping at the slightest look. The ebony was really easy to work with and is pitch black throughout. The CA finish took some time to get right but I'm very pleased with my result and I hope you are as well. Thanks for looking, and as always comments/critiques/whatever is welcomed!

100_0697.jpg
100_0692.jpg

Please ignore that peice of thread just above the centerband, I didn't notice it until editing the pics:redface:
100_0712.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Sweet. Great job on that CB. That thin slice of Amboyna looks super cool in there. Nice touch.

Thanks Chris. It was a pain in the rear, but probably the most critical part on the pen.

what thread, too busy looking at the beautiful wood and finish! Well done!

Lol, to me it's like looking at a huge thumb print on the darn thing! I'm way too critical of my own work:rolleyes:

crabcreekind

I would have to agree. I have the same problem with bottle stoppers its so annoying and it looks tacky when you look at your own work, and there is a giant piece thread there.

DrPepper8412

WOW! That's gorgeous!! Now I'm brewin plans to make one of my own!
That finish is superb and...just wow. Amazing.
If you're truly that concerned about the thread, I'd be more than happy to edit it out for you! Just PM me, and we'll arrange it.

Brooks803

WOW! That's gorgeous!! Now I'm brewin plans to make one of my own!
That finish is superb and...just wow. Amazing.
If you're truly that concerned about the thread, I'd be more than happy to edit it out for you! Just PM me, and we'll arrange it.

It's annoying to see, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I can just take another pic if I really want to. I keep my photo tent setup all the time. Thanks though!

jdmacdo

Wow!!! Impressive looking pen. They just keep getting better each time. Looking forward to the pen in posting #2000 if this gets #1028

propencity

Very nicely done Jonathon. I really like the segmented work you did on cb, straight and squarely cut on the segments. Thanks for sharing.

omb76

Thread? I don't see a thread! I want to see it though, because I don't want to be left out!!

Great looking pen btw! :biggrin:

Now back to this thread...can someone draw an arrow on it for me so I can see?? Maybe someone hijacked this thread... :rolleyes:

Brooks803

Thread? I don't see a thread! I want to see it though, because I don't want to be left out!!

Great looking pen btw! :biggrin:

Now back to this thread...can someone draw an arrow on it for me so I can see?? Maybe someone hijacked this thread... :rolleyes:

Here ya go, I know it's barely there but it's there non-the-less.

Attachments

• 100_0712.jpg
    100_0712.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 122
Top Bottom