Amboyna Closed end Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Manny

Manny

Here is a pic of the pen I sent off on the Aussie pen swap. Pen is a FP
IMG_1100.jpg

Also did a little something different with this swap.
I proposed a full blank exchange.
Here are the blanks i sent my partner

3 Worthless wood
2 blue with Cocobolo Natural edge
1 Grey swirl with Katolox natural edge
IMG_1034.jpg

1 Desert Ironwood
1 Hickory Burl
1 Redwood Lace
1 Katolox Burl
1 Spalted maple burl (stabilized)
IMG_1032.jpg

I also sent him an assortment of Exotic blanks
2 Ancient Mars
1 Merlins Magic
1 Golden Dawn

I know shipping is a bear to send blanks all the way over there so I offered to throw some in for a fair exchange.

Hope he likes them
I am looking forward to seeing what I get in return.

Manny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

Beautiful pen. I'm gonna have to try a closed end with some of the amboyna I got from Ed in his recent amboyna sale. I to have sent my pen down under with a full box of extras. I hope they return the favor I made the mistake of letting it be a surprize rather than an agreement to swap blanks also.

Manny

This Amboyna is from Yoyo's sale as well. That stuff is amazing. I have been in close communication with my Australian swap partner. The one thing I wanted to insure was that we both sent blanks from materials created in our perspective countries.

On top of the blanks and the pen I threw in a few goodies he doesn't know about. Leather case, private reserve cartridges ect.. I want him to remember this exchange for a long time.

I agree on the Hickory burl. When turned that grain pattern turns into a scalloping that almost looks like bird feathers. I bought a hand full of them from Gary Max and only have a few left :-(

Cocobolo is from John M I casted in Alumilite using a mixture of Alumilite dye and blue pearl ex

Thanks for looking

Manny

bitshird

Manny, I'll bet they'll be pleased with that pen and the great assortment of blanks, I'm sending my partner some local wood from around here, some Osage Orange, White Oak Burl, and some Maple Burl like I made his pen from.. They seem like a nice group Down Under, but this place is Home.

Top Bottom