Amboyna Burl Two Tone Majestic Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcflyer23

rcflyer23

I made this the other night for my brother. I am pretty happy with it.

Sorry about the pic. I can't get my little digital to take good pics and I don't have a tripod yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 370
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Very nice pen. Beautiful burl. I am sure that your brother will be quite pleased.

I bought a tri-pod at WalMart and I think it only cost me $15. Makes all the diff. in the world. May I also suggest trying a lighter background. That makes a big diff. too. When I started out I was doing the Black Bckgrnd thing and it was suggested to me that I change and I am glad that I did.

rcflyer23

Steve thanks for the input on the photo. I guess I will run to walmart everything I looked at was much more expensive. I will see what they have. I will switch to a white background and see if that helps as well. If not I will find something lighter than the black. :) I know the tri-pod will help out a ton.

TowMater

I bought a tripod for $10.00 off of Buy.com with free shipping.

It's not very sturdy, but with the delay timer on the camera it works great for these kinds of photo's.

rcflyer23

I appreciate all the comments. I will say the pen looks much better in person. I will take the advice for the pictures and hopefully I can improve on those. I am fortunate that for making him this one he bought me a kit as well and left all the amboyna with me. :) So I am going to turn one of my own this week he also just ordered 4 Jr. Statesman rollerballs for the two of us. I am really happy with the kit. It is the first "expensive" kit that I have turned. I have been to afraid to do it myself but I really enjoyed it.

VisExp

That looks good Kevin. Don't be nervous about trying some of the more expensive kits. If it doesn't turn out well the pen can be disassembled and the blank turned off the tubes or an extra set of tubes used to try again.

fernhills

Hi, very nice pen, you really can`t beat that timber for fine looking pens. I did a Majestic in Amboyna as well a few months ago. I have a few more high end kits in my stash yet to do. just looking for the right blanks.

Top Bottom