International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Show Off Your Pens!
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Show Off Your Pens! Let's see your best work!

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 210

That's a very sharp looking pen Lenny. That Amboyna is pretty wood. Great photos too.
dalecamino is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 93

Beautiful pen, Lenny!

As far as components, order 20, 50, 100, etc(however many you sell to make the pricing attractive in ROLLERBALLS). At the same time, order 3, 5, or 10 fountains (again, dependent on what you sell). Every vendor has mix and match, so you get the "few" fountains at the same discount.

MAKE EVERY PEN AS A FOUNTAIN! Some things need to happen with a fountain that don't really mater with RBs.

Make sure that the cap posts "in line" for fountain use. Also, make sure that the grain aligns when turning "up the nib" when capping.

THEN, make it into a roller ball, because "nib" alignment means nothing. You get the spring when making roller balls.

If yo follow the above mentioned instructions, the nib will always "line up" (top and bottom , with postables)/

If you later convert to FP. With Jrs, et al, it is a matter of using a dental pick to remove the back spring and changing the front section (while the customer waits- 15 seconds with me).

After a while, you will know how many FPs you should order per 100 rollerballs.
If it ain't broke.......then a little duct tape won't hurt it!
PenMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 190

Great looking pen Lenny!

SUCH IS LIFE. Down Under.
johncrane is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 10

Well matched kit, blank and excellent form fit and finish, its a beauty Lenny
Old 08-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos: 15

Super looking pen Lenny!!! I really like the way the amboyna looks on that kit too. Bet it doesn't stick around very long!

www.exoticblanks.com & www.facebook.com/exoticblanks

We are at the very beginning of time for the human race.....Our responsibility is to do what we can, learn what we can, improve the solutions, and pass them on....Richard Feynman

Karma Happens
PR_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenMan1 View Post
Beautiful pen, Lenny!

As far as components, order 20, 50, 100, etc(however many you sell to make the pricing attractive in ROLLERBALLS). At the same time, order 3, 5, or 10 fountains (again, dependent on what you sell). Every vendor has mix and match, so you get the "few" fountains at the same discount.

MAKE EVERY PEN AS A FOUNTAIN! Some things need to happen with a fountain that don't really mater with RBs.

Make sure that the cap posts "in line" for fountain use. Also, make sure that the grain aligns when turning "up the nib" when capping.

THEN, make it into a roller ball, because "nib" alignment means nothing. You get the spring when making roller balls.

If yo follow the above mentioned instructions, the nib will always "line up" (top and bottom , with postables)/

If you later convert to FP. With Jrs, et al, it is a matter of using a dental pick to remove the back spring and changing the front section (while the customer waits- 15 seconds with me).

After a while, you will know how many FPs you should order per 100 rollerballs.
I do follow you on the "making it as a fountain pen" .... I was thinking that as I assembled this one. In fact I ordered more last night so I would have a fountain pen to use next time. Where you lost me was when you started taking in double and triple digits ... wish my sales allowed me to think in those terms!

Thanks!
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 47

Chuck, John, Sam and Dawn .... Thanks for your kind comments and for taking the time to look!
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 93

Lenny!
You ain't EVER gonna make a thousand dollars, betting a nickle at the time!

Go ahead and make you a 500 piece JR. order? You'll be surprised HOW MUCH BETTER SALESMAN RHIS WILL MAKE YOU!!!! Especially when SWMBO sees the bill:)
If it ain't broke.......then a little duct tape won't hurt it!
PenMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Very nice. Amboyna is beautiful wood and depending on what you're making it can be tricky as I recently found out.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Very classy Lenny. Nice job.