amboyna burl set.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from edstreet

Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

This is a 22k gold plated set I just finished. It's amboyna burl!!

IMG_4689.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Ed,that's a good looking set,how do you like the segmented pen,I have a couple kits just hav'nt got around to doing them yet?

edstreet

It's not my first segment kit and I would like it in other plating options, like black titanium (goes super good with Amboyna) This set went together super good and I was pleased with it, think that's from the burl :)

Now we know why amboyna is the king of burls.

Ed

Firefyter-emt

Awesome looking set! I think the only change I would of done was to put the blank the other way on the pen so the dark wood was at the top. Hard choice, but I think the set might flow better like that, but still, that's a great burl match between the set.

edstreet

Ahh yes! was waiting to see when someone would notice that and point it out! :) I have another set to make, which will flow in the same direction as the pen, this pen will go with the 2nd set.

Ed

davidrei

Were all 3 pieces made from the same piece of wood? If not, it's impressive that you'd be able to find 3 blanks with similar proportions of light & dark wood. Oh, and nice job on the grain alignment too.

bitshird

Ed they look great, looks like you got the reflection problem kicked, that is a fine deskset, the wood couldn't have asked for nicer treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom