Amboyna Burl Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from azamiryou

azamiryou

I've been getting back to CA finishing after reading about it more here. I tried it early on with some great successes... and some tragic failures. Personally, I like the look of CA, but not the plastic feel... what's the point of a wood pen that feels like plastic? Regardless, that deep, deep wet look is beautiful, so I'm getting back to it.

This is a pen I turned a couple weeks ago, and just got around to finishing yesterday.

Woodcraft Navigator Sterling Silver fountain pen with Amboyna burl blank and CA finish.

Attachments

• pen-52-sim.jpg
    pen-52-sim.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Looks pretty good to me!

Reminds me....gotta make some more fountain pens! And I think you've just inspired the wood to be used!!!!!

Scott (great finish by-the-way) B

ldb2000

Good looking pen . In most cases the only people that care about the "feel" of wood are other woodworkers . The average person could care less about the feel of the wood , only about how good it looks and how well it holds up . A deep hard shine is the most desired quality of wood pens to most people .

azamiryou

Thanks for the kind words!

In most cases the only people that care about the "feel" of wood are other woodworkers. The average person could care less about the feel of the wood , only about how good it looks and how well it holds up.

I know. But I guess it's okay, the pens I sell are the ones I don't have to use. I can always make "me pens" with as little finishing as I want.

Top Bottom